Natural stone thin veneer
- the best, most durable lightweight stone option on the market
- 3/4”- 2” typical bed depth
- requires no footing or foundation for installation
- better option then manufactured stones
- 100% natural stone – no aggregate or artificial colors needed to make it look “natural”
- can be installed directly over existing masonry (see installation for more details)
- installed with expanded galvanized metal lath
- may be installed on non-load bearing walls or areas where full veneer may not be practical (gable ends, chimney chases, dormer windows)
- most economical material when shipping product long distances
- average 135 square feet per ton (approximately 10-15 pounds per square foot)
- average 3,200 square feet of stone per truckload.
The beauty and durability of real stone is now light enough to be installed on both interior and exterior surfaces. It can be used as stone siding, on fireplaces, chimneys, foundations, interior accent walls, columns, or any other architectural construction project that demands the finest surface covering.
Natural thin stone veneer is created using the same high quality, full thickness stone and processed through special diamond bladed saws to cut off the outside layer. This produces veneers with nominal thicknesses of ¾”-2″ thick stone at an average weight of 10 to 15 lbs/sq.ft. (depending on stone selection). Recent breakthroughs in stone manufacturing technology has enabled manufacturers to create 90 degree corner pieces. Using these pieces gives clients the benefit of using real natural thin stone, while preserving the appearance of full thickness veneer.